Sunday, April 4, 2010

Life in the last 2 weeks


Well, it's been 2 weeks since our new bundle of joy was born, a big eventful time for all of us. Our two girls look alike, but are so different. No child is a like and it is so true! Aubrey is a joy. She is so content and only cries when she really wants something hungry/gas bubble. Erica was a very uptight baby, never cuddled, always had to be moving. The swing came with us everywhere! Aubrey will cuddle for hours.

Spot the difference



(Aubrey then Erica around the same age a few days old)

Erica loves her little sister. On the way home from the hospital she said "I'm a big sister now!" in a big voice. While I was nursing on day she asked "which one is chocolate milk". (we laughed and laughed) The other day she wanted to hold "the new baby" and said "Mommy I love her so much" and gave her a big kiss. Erica really is adjusting well. I'm very happy that she is for I was a little worried about her.

We had my parents here for the week and Erica was in heaven. Erica had so much fun playing with grandma and grandpa. She had to spent every waking moment with them. Poor Grandma has to take a vacation from Erica. It was nice to have them here. Some days you just need your mom!

The Easter Bunny came early and just dropped Erica's Easter basket off at the door. Erica really didn't know what was going on at first, but sure got into it when we started to play with the items in it.
This was not planned on our part, grandparents have some great ideas. Drop it off and run!

Erica playing with bubbles!
(So glad it was nice on Friday)

Happy Easter
Ryan and Erica Decorating eggs


I think they look alike

Aww!

My Girls

Aubrey cuddling with grandpa

Right after New Years we started Erica in a gymnastic class. She loved it! Every Friday we would go and play at The Norfort Gymnastics Club. Erica did very well and I'm sad that I can't take her to the next section. Aubrey comes first right now.

The Beam
(Thanks Emily for going with Erica while I could not)

The Rings
(I did take a pic of her on the bars in the
back ground but it didn't turn out)

Hand Stand
(Just seconds after I took the pic she was straight up)

Erica still does all the little steps that she learned at gymnastics. Now we just have to teach her to jump!

We are doing really well and are starting to get the hang of 2.
(at this moment anyway)




1 comment:

Dave, Laura, Maggie and Chloe said...

I love, love, love all the pictures. You have such cute girls. Erica seems so big and grown up now. Aubrey is a doll. You have a cute little family. I'm glad that your parents were able to come stay with you, it's so nice to have Mom/Grandma around. It sounds like you all are doing well. Miss you and love you.