The time came, we got packed up and were off! Our family trip was a good one. We spent our time in southern Alberta mostly in Cardston. Ryan was in a car accident a few years ago and we finally got the settlement money back from his injuries. Ryan has been dreaming for a while about a new mountain bike. He got a nice one! (and all the jazz that goes with it) He is loving it and all the nice trails here.
Erica loved every minute at her grandmas. She has a cousin(Jovi) just her age that lives just next door. She had a blast playing from house to house. Jovi and her family left on their family vacation while we were there. All Erica asked was if she could go to Jovi's house. I'm so happy that she has a few cousins her age to grow up with on both sides.
Erica and Jovi spent a lot of time in the hot tub.
(Love this pic)
Aubrey loved it too!
Erica got her hair breaded. (Thanks aunty Sheri) She sat there
for 3 hours and did not complain until the very end.
The best summer hairdo ever!
Aubrey did very well with the adjustment of living in all different places. She got thrush while we were gone and we tried once again to ween her to a bottle. I have come to the conclusion that this mama is just going to have to leave for a few days. (Sorry Ryan) Aubrey also has a little cousin her age, Raelynn was born a few weeks after her and it was so fun to watch the two of them interact with each other. A new stage of life has come to our house. Aubrey loves food! We went for ice cream and Aubrey tried to devour the cone that was in my hand. A few days later it was the sub sandwich I was eating.
After
talking to each other
I had a great time, it was nice to see everyone. Building friendships/memories with Ryan's family. I also got to enjoy my own family at our reunion. Everyone in getting so big it makes me feel old. It was so nice to reminisce about old time and plan for new time. It was wonderful to be in a area where I could see the temple everyday. We did make it there, not as much as I wanted because the temple was closed for a cleaning and maintenance. Every time we took a drive Erica had to visit the temple. She told her dad one night that she"wanted to get married in there". What a good goal to keep.
We spent a few days in Ryan favorite place, Waterton. He has fond memories there from his youth for that is where they spent many summer vacations.
I do agree it was nice to spent time there.
and wild life.
On our way home we also enjoyed the sights of the Calgary Zoo. Erica has been asking us for a long time to go to the jungle. The zoo is as close as we are going to get on that one. It was nice to go, but is was nice to come home. Our time away is now a happy memory.
The love of sisters!
3 comments:
Looks like you had a great trip!! I love the last photo of your girls, adorable!
Glad you had a good time. I love southern Alberta too! It makes me want to go back!
So cute. Erica looks even more like Kwynci with her hair in braids. I'm so impressed that she sat still for that long. You have such cute little girls. I'm glad you had a fun trip.
Post a Comment