Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Road trip part 2

On Tuesday we made our way to Laura's (Ryan's sister) place in Provo Utah. We really didn't do to much the first few day's just hung out and chilled. Some times that is the best kind of visiting. It was really hot so we did most of our outside playing during the evening. We found some parks for the kids to play. Erica loved her new little cousin she wanted to hold her all the time. Meggie(18mons) could not get enough of Erica she just followed her around laughing. Oh, cousins, I'm so glad that Erica has a few her age. She'll have someone to play with when the family gets together. (I never did have any close cousins) We went to Park City for some shopping. I could have spent so much money. There were some good deals. I could of bought the Carter's children clothing store out. I love their clothes!


This is a pic. of Bridal Vail falls on the Provo Canon road on the way to Park City. We had to stop it was so beautiful.

Friday night we went to a Latino festival down town Provo. It was so much fun walking around looking at all the booths and watching the dancers. We found a booth selling tutus and we had to get one. Erica danced and danced around with it on. She turned a lot of heads, people watching and smiling. She always wears it, I have a true little girl!
The next morning we when to the Bean Museum on BYU campus. There were hundreds of stuffed animals. Erica loved it! She really liked the jungle area and the fish.
Erica Roaring like the tiger.

Just love the picture!

We made our way to DeNai's(my sister) in Bluffdale Utah. Once again Ryan was really nice and let me run away and I got to spent one-on one time with my sis. We are pregnant together and she is 4 weeks behind me. It was fun to look at all the baby things while we were shopping.
Ryan and I went to the St Jordan Temple. It was nice to go together. That evening I went with Nai to her Mary Kay class it was fun. They were showing off all the new fall product and we had dinner and a facial. We came home to all the kids in bed and supper cleaned up, thanks to our amazing husbands. It was a good evening!
Ryan left the next day to drive home. Erica and I had a flight the next evening. We went to the Utah state fair. It was huge! This is a pic of the alligator show that we watched. It was really hot so we had to keep on the move. This man wrestled this alligator down to catching it. Erica and I got wet for we were right up front. What an experience to see them with the alligators.


We had a good flight home, Erica did very well. Ryan met us in Edmonton and the next morning we drove the road to The Fort. The place we call home. Is was nice to be away, but It was felt so good to see our little apartment way up north. It is so funny to tell Americans where you are from. They have no clue about Canada or the oil fields of Alberta.

4 comments:

The Anderson Family said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. I do like the picture of Erika walking by the bears!! Too cute. Glad you made it home safe back in the Mac.

Francis Family said...

It is nice to get back home eh, so weird! Looks like you had fun! welcome back! oh and I hope your feeling good.

Elysa Johnston said...

Nice blog! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

jenniho ♥ said...

Yes us 'Americans' are pretty clueless! :) It looks like you guys had a grand time!