Friday, November 7, 2008

Ft McMoney

Well everyone I never thought the day would come that I would say we are moving to Ft McMurray but well........we are moving to Ft McMurray. I have very mixed feelings about this due to the fact that I have been so against it for so long and the negative perception that Ft Mac has. We have been tossing around the idea of moving up there for about 6-8 months but there has not been any offers good enough for us to justify moving up to the barons. In July I was interviewed by TransAlta, but we decided to turn down the offer because we were worried about our house. Then in early October we decided we could just rent out our place in Calgary, so I emailed TransAlta to see if the offer was still good and they asked if I could fly up in the next few weeks to check things out. Well I flew up on Wednesday and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I will be able to get my higher power engineering tickets with them and I will be making more than twice what I am at the Hospital here in Calgary and they throw in a pile of incentives and benefits. They will help me with schooling even pay for a personal tutor and they want me to move up the company ladder as fast as I can get trained. I will be working on Suncor's site right in the middle of their oil sands mining operation but I will be working in the power generation that supplys the energy for the plants in the area and supplying Suncor with the steam they need for refining.

a little piece of heaven right there


We are moving up on Dec. 1 and RoxAnn and I are extremely nervous because it seems to be happening so fast. But we both are very excited about this new chapter in our lives.

On other notes Erica is doing great, she is starting to talk and mimic us, I burped yesterday while holding her and she then forced out a low gurgling noise that sounded surprisingly like my here to for mentioned burp, both RoxAnn and I just about fell over laughing so hard. Also a week or so ago we saw her standing in front of the toilet with her hips leaning forward holding the front of her waist just standing there looking around...I guess I need to start peeing with the door shut.

No comments: